Most probably, you have been using the Internet for many years now. Tell me, why do you visit the sites you frequent?
Certainly, the answers would be varied. Some of you would say that it’s because of the constantly updated news that those websites provide. Others would say that it’s because of the freebies that they give away. A few would say that it’s because of the high quality of service that those sites are capable of delivering on a consistent basis.
But there is a unifying factor to all of these reasons: your needs are answered by the good content in their respective pages.
Let’s face it, visiting a site that contains junk data would just be a waste of our time. As much as possible, we seek those websites that offer us the information we need. Whether they be information about a particular research papers, hobby of ours, or about innovative strategies to help promote our businesses, or even about some leads to help us meet someone from the opposite sex, we all desire the knowledge that a site could impart. And this knowledge can only be conveyed through good content.
Here are five reasons why high quality content is the heart of every website.
1. Good content fuels traffic. The rationale behind this is very simple. Original, premium content is what online users want, and if you could provide this, they would naturally come to your site. The Internet is called the information superhighway for a good reason. Information is what drives the World Wide Web, and being able to cater to this need would assure a generous volume of activity for your website.
2. Good content makes it easier for you to position your keywords. Keywords, of course, are what the search engine spiders will look for once a relevant query is made. The more keywords you have in your site, the better its chances are of prominently appearing in the search results. But in recent years, search engine robots have become more “intelligent.” They have learned how to distinguish between good content and a mere hodgepodge of words and phrases. If your content is junk, search engines would penalize you by assigning a lower page rank (PR) for your site.
3. Good content would help you a lot in branding yourself as well as your online business. Branding is a marketing tool that would aid you and your business in being associated with your particular area of operation. By speaking knowledgeably about particular topics through the substance of your website, you will be branding yourself as an expert in the field. Consequently, you will also be branding your business as a credible and reliable provider of goods or services relevant to the subject of your site.
4. Good content will guarantee repeat visitors. You don’t have to rely on new visitors alone. Your old visitors can come back, again and again and again if your content is excellent, more so if you’d update it regularly. Old visitors are doubly important if you’re trying to sell a product online. There is a maxim in Internet marketing that says: a lost visitor is a lost sale. You don’t have to lose those visitors if your content is of magnificent quality. They would become admirers of your work, and they would always come back to read what you have to say.
5. Good content would win for you the accolade and respect of those who get to view your pages. Sometimes, the best success has nothing to do with money. It could be the feeling of fulfillment about having gained the admiration of other people through your hard work and dedication that shows in the finished product.
Your content is what will define your website. Will your online presence sink or swim? The answer lies on how sturdy you have built your boat, and that boat is powered by the strength of your content.